Join us starting on December 1 as your favorite content creators take the first steps into Hearthstone’s next expansion, March of the Lich King! In these theorycraft livestreams, Standard and Wild content creators will be coming together to give rise to what the new expansion has to offer.
- Standard format: At least 10 or more March of the Lich King cards in each deck (this can be 10 unique cards, 5 duplicates, or anything in between).
- Wild format: At least 1 Legendary and at least 5 additional March of the Lich King cards in each deck (for a total of 6+ new cards in each deck).
How to Watch:
Invited players will be streaming their participation on their own personal streams, so make sure that you’re following your favorite Hearthstone content creators and tune in when they go live during the following time periods:
- Japan’s Standard players: December 1, 1:00 a.m.-7:00 a.m. PST
- Europe and Americas Standard players: December 1, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. PST or 3:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. PST*
- Other APAC Standard players: December 2, 1:00 a.m.-7:00 a.m. PST
- Wild players (all regions): December 1, 3:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. PST
* Players in these categories will choose one of the two six-hour time slots.
Twitch Drops and More!
From 1:00 a.m. December 1 to 7:00 a.m. PST December 2, watch a total of 2 hours of any Twitch stream across the Hearthstone category to earn 1 March of the Lich King card pack! Watch for another 2 hours and earn a second March of the Lich King card pack! Card packs will be locked until the expansion launches on December 6. You must link your Twitch and Battle.net accounts for your watch time to award drops.
Update: The time period for Twitch drops has been corrected to match the time frame of the theorycrafting event, as listed above.
In addition to category-wide Twitch Drops, players participating in the theorycrafting event have been given Pre-Purchase Mega Bundle codes to give away to their respective audiences during the theorycrafting event. So, make sure that you tune in to your favorite streamer during the time period listed for their region!
Improved Redundant Card Handling
We often include specific non-disenchantable cards as part of Reward Tracks, Events, Achievements, and Shop purchases. Starting with 25.0, if you claim one of these, but already own a lower quality copy that’s disenchantable, you’ll get a popup that offers to re-roll the lower quality copy to a different card of the same rarity from that card set.
For example, Diamond Grand Magister Rommath is on the March of the Lich King Tavern Pass. If you already own Golden Rommath when you claim the Diamond, you’ll immediately get a popup offering to reroll Golden Rommath into a different March of the Lich King Golden Legendary (which, of course, respects duplicate protection). Furthermore, this feature also applies when you find a Signature card in a pack! Happy collecting!
You can open your Pre-Purchase packs early at a private pre-release Fireside Gathering before March of the Lich King goes live on December 6. Private Pre-Release Fireside Gatherings can take place between Friday, December 2, 10:00 a.m. (PST) and Monday, December 5, 10:00 a.m. (PST).
In light of the ongoing health risks associated with in-person gatherings, the ability to create public in-person events is still disabled at this time.
Private Fireside Gatherings will:
- Be eligible to receive Nemsy Necrofizzle if they fulfill all hosting prerequisites. This means having an established Tavern. Learn more about establishing your Tavern here.
- Be eligible for the Fireside Gatherings card back.
- Allow event listing creation the same day as the event is meant to be hosted.
- Have the same Fireside Brawls as public Fireside Gatherings.
- Be visible on the website only to the Innkeeper hosting it. The Fireside Gathering itself will be visible in the game client and participants will be able to search for it and find it in the client as well.
Private Fireside Gatherings will NOT:
- Be visible on Tavern or upcoming event pages.
- Show up in the search function on the upcoming events page.
- Count towards any Tavern or Innkeeper progression. They will not count towards establishing your Tavern. You will still need to host public events in the future as part of establishing your Tavern.